Take-home, customized teeth whitening kits brighten your teeth enamel so that you can smile confidently. The whitening kits provided by Dr. Preet Sandhu are safe and effective, and promise gorgeous, lasting results.
To learn more about our Crystal Lake teeth whitening treatment or other cosmetic dental services, please contact Crystal Family Dental Care at 815-893-6345. Dr. Sandhu proudly serves the surrounding region, including Algonquin and Lake in the Hills, Illinois.
Brighten Your Smile with Customized Whitening Trays
Take-home teeth whitening kits from Dr. Sandhu are a non-invasive, cost-effective way to improve your smile. Simply visit Crystal Family Dental Care to talk with Dr. Sandhu about how to achieve the best possible results with your whitening kit. Then, go home and follow instructions. Before you know it, a dazzling, whiter smile will be yours.
There are many advantages to this take-home option, including:
- Customized fit. The whitening trays will be customized to fit over your teeth specifically. They are not one size fits all. As a result, the whitening gel will reach all of the surfaces of your teeth evenly.
- Long-lasting results. Longevity of results varies based on dental hygiene, and what you eat and drink, but most people continue to enjoy the whiter shade for a year or longer.
- Convenient and comfortable. Once your whitening trays are ready, you will take them home, where you can whiten your teeth in the comfort of your own home. Just follow Dr. Sandhu's instructions for how long to wear them each day. After about two weeks, your treatment will be complete.
How exactly does this less-invasive, take-home treatment improve your smile? Our teeth whitening kits reverse unsightly discoloration of tooth enamel. At home, you'll simply place the tooth whitening solution on your teeth for a suggested period of time to erase stains. The process generally takes about two weeks.
The results rejuvenate the whole appearance of your smile, which is one reason that professional teeth whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments in the country, especially with older adults.
Teeth whitening is also a common treatment for people who are headed into an important life milestone such as marriage or college graduation.
"Should I get porcelain veneers instead?" Veneers are another type of cosmetic dentistry that have the effect of whitening your smile. Placed over the front surface of your teeth, porcelain veneers conceal any imperfections beneath, including stains and gaps between teeth.
"What about a smile makeover?" Teeth whitening can also be incorporated into a smile makeover, which is a comprehensive set of treatments designed to completely rejuvenate your smile. If you want to whiten your teeth and address other cosmetic issues, then this approach may be right for you.
Causes of Teeth Stains
Teeth stains can be intrinsic or extrinsic. Intrinsic stains develop inside the tooth while extrinsic stains develop on the outer surfaces. Here are some of the most common causes of discoloration:
- Foods and beverages
- Poor dental hygiene
- Certain medications
- Tobacco use
- Certain health conditions
What you eat and drink is one of the most common sources of stains. Some of the biggest culprits are black coffee, tea, wine, soda, sports drinks, berries, tomato sauce, soy sauce and BBQ sauce.
Prolonging Your Results
Here are a few tips for protecting your teeth whitening results and preventing further stains:
- Practice great dental hygiene. Brush 2-3 times per day and floss once every day. This type of hygiene reduces the debris on your teeth, including the remnants of stain-causing food and beverage.
- Rinse after eating or drinking. Rinse with water after a meal or a stain-causing beverage, to wash it away. Brushing should be delayed about 30 minutes to an hour after you eat. During this time, your tooth enamel is softer and more vulnerable to the abrasion of your toothbrush bristles. This effect on the enamel is caused by the bacteria on your teeth, which produce a type of acid as they break down food, and it is this acid that softens the enamel.
- Visit the dentist for regular cleanings. Although your dental cleanings cannot whiten your teeth like our take-home kits can, cleanings do prevent stains caused by decay and other dental problems. Plus, a healthy smile is always the most attractive smile.
- Don't use tobacco. Tobacco, including smoking and chewing tobacco, definitely stain and discolor your teeth. Quitting not only improves your teeth, but your entire health, including lowering your risk of gum disease and tooth loss.
- Chew ADA-approved gum. Chewing gum for 20 minutes after a meal has been shown to reduce the risk of cavities, according to the American Dental Association. When you chew gum, your mouth produces more saliva. The saliva helps carry away food debris, which is what the cavity-causing bacteria on your teeth feast upon.
When you visit Dr. Sandhu, she will examine your teeth and help you determine the best way to keep them healthy and strong. As an experienced dentist, she can also help you improve the appearance of your smile, including teeth whitening recommendations.
Arrange Your Teeth Whitening Appointment
When you're ready to embark on your journey toward a bright, beautiful new smile, please contact Crystal Family Dental Care to schedule your teeth whitening consultation with Dr. Sandhu. You can reach our practice online or call our offices directly at 815-893-6345.